The Charter Group is recognized as one of Michigan’s premier merger and acquisition advisory firms. Since 1989, our firm has expertly guided our clients through more than 400 business sale transactions, from start to successful completion.
We Serve the Middle Market
With a concentration on middle market transactions ranging from $10 million to $100 million, Charter is positioned as the ideal resource for businesses that need more expertise than a small business broker can provide, yet don’t have the financial size or transaction value that a large cap M&A firm requires.
Our Experience is Your Asset
Time and again, we’ve helped businesses meet or exceed their M&A goals by leveraging our scope of knowledge and experience. Our team members are skilled in fields ranging from accounting, banking, and financial services, to health sciences, manufacturing, distribution, office furniture, and more. This industry-spanning expertise enables us to deftly navigate both vertical and horizontal aspects of our clients’ businesses.
Our firm is the only one in Grand Rapids to have attained key securities licensures, providing clients with greater protection in executing private company transactions, and reflecting our commitment to providing high quality and professional M&A advisory services.
We Take Care of the Details
While the big picture is important, the key to a successful transaction is often found in the tiniest details—details that a business owner and his advisors often don’t have the time or capacity to focus on. Whether delving deeply into research and analysis, or making a fine point during the negotiation process, we ensure that every detail leads to a positive outcome for our clients.
Our Range of Services
- Buy: Expand your reach into new markets or new geography through acquisitions.
- Grow: Access new sources of capital outside typical debt or equity sources.
- Sell: Create an environment where businesses compete to buy your business, improving your sale value.
- Value: Find out how much your business is worth in today’s market, and steps you can take to improve that value.
- Plan: Plan for your future so that you achieve maximum ROI when you’re ready to exit the business.
Check out some of our Completed Transactions to see who we've helped recently.